Sitio en español Español
Tecnológico de Monterrey
Study Oppotunities for Visiting International Students
banner_1 banner_3banner_4 banner_5 banner_6 banner_8banner_10


Welcome to Tecnologico de Monterrey

Studying in another country is a fascinating experience. In order to help you enjoy this experience to the full, the International Programs Office at Tecnologico de Monterrey offers you all the help you need to adapt to your new environment.

Its highly qualified personnel will help you throughout your entire stay in our institution. The team of Advisors will give you the warmest welcome and will offer you a wide variety of services, such as: transportation from the airport to the University on the Official Arrival Day, a special welcome, assistance regarding housing, and an orientation program prior to the beginning of classes, all of them designed to help you best adapt to the new environment. The orientation program will be a key factor for a successful stay in our institution, since you will receive in-depth information about a wide variety of topics.

The following are some of those topics Academic policies of Tecnologico de Monterrey

  • Registration process and how to pay for the various services
  • Immigration information
  • Housing options and recommendations
  • Health Insurance
  • Regulations and discipline
  • Extra-curricular activities, such as clubs, trips, and more
  • Cultural differences


As part of the regulations, Tecnologico de Monterrey requires all students to have a Major Health Insurance Policy. Because of this, you must arrive with an insurance policy covering your entire stay and you must show it at the International Programs Office during the Orientation Program. If you do not have this type of insurance, you must buy one during the first days of your stay.


It is required by law to all students studying in Mexico for more than 2 months to obtain a FM3 student visa. Summer internships, even if they are for less than 2 months, will also require a student visa. Students studying in Mexico for 2 months or less can do it only with a Tourist Visa. It is acceptable for some nationalities to enter Mexico with a tourist visa and then change it in Mexico to a FM3 student visa. The International Office at Campus Estado de México will help you understand and solve your doubts about Immigration procedures. However, it is recommended that you hire a professional legal firm to get your visa. The International Office will recommend some legal firms that can help you do this process.

As an international student, you are asked to bring with you the following documents:

  • A valid passport.
  • A student visa (FM3) or a tourist visa (FMT) depending on the case.
  • Proof of financial solvency, such as credit or debit card statements for the cards you will use while in Mexico.

Important: Even if you have obtained a student visa at the Mexican Consulate or Embassy in your country, you will still need to register it at the National Immigration Institute. For cost about this procedure (changing or registering a student visa), please refer to the cost section of this web.

Your acceptance package will include details of the costs of obtaining or registering a visa in Mexico . In addition, you will receive more information on how to apply for a visa during the Orientation Session after your arrival to Tecnologico de Monterrey.


Email Facebook
Teotihuacán Route  /></a><a href=Campus Estado de MéxicoContact us Certificate Programs Study in english